Thursday, March 19, 2009

What's are your favorite products to buy from Trader Joe's?

OK, here's one for you guys. Since Trader Joe's has been on everyone's radar lately (ever since James & Laura™ told us about the store last year we've been addicted. OK, I admit it was initially to stock up on 3-buck chuck, but we discovered other glorious products in the store, too) I thought it would be cool to share what we all have found that's great from the store.

Please share your comments under this post. I have enabled anyone to make a comment, which means you don't even need to be a "follower" or logged in any sort of account to do so :-)

My list:
- Dried wild blueberries (I put these on cereal and in yogurt. yum)
- Their boxed pureed soups. These are invaluable in my kitchen. I cook rice and other grains in the soup, eat the soup as-is (lived on it when I had my wisdom teeth out), and embellish the soup with other delicious ingredients. I often keep a box in the refrigerator at work for easy lunches.
- Blocks of parmesan cheese (cheapest anywhere)
- Their pineapples - pineapples in most area grocery stores tend to be overripe and leave that weird acidic taste on my tongue. Trader Joes pineapples are green, like they should be.
- Bourbon vanilla (haven't bought any yet, but I'm aching to try it)
- Their dressings in general - the sesame vinaigarette is good on salads and meat. The poppyseed is equally fabulous, especially on coleslaw.
- Their "puffed" sugar snap peas. Just try them. (I was introduced to these in my birthday basket - thanks J&L™!)
- Ginger senbei snacks. Just try them. (I was introduced to these in my birthday basket - thanks J&L™!)
- Their multigrain tortilla chips - the gluten free ones. Love these lots.
- Trader Joe Salsa. The garlic kind.
- Their frozen naan
- Frozen mango chunks - fabulous for desserts and pureeing with coconut milk for a killer topping...

I'm sure I will think of more items...

5 comments:

  1. Puffed sugar snap peas = YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their huge supply of organic, cheap cereals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, the cereals. I'd almost forgotten. Delish. It was also a good reminder to bring home soymilk :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dark chocolate covered dried blueberries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three buck Chuck. Potstickers. Chocolate covered anything. Sausages. Edamame. And more.

    ReplyDelete