Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Strawberry-broccoli salad

Ever since I discovered the recipe in a food magazine several yeras ago, strawberry-broccoli salad has always been one of my favorite things to surprise guests with. Which is why I wanted to serve it at our wedding party. I have yet to meet someone who tried it and didn't absolutely love it. How unexpected and actually, it's quite healthy!

I keep the fresh ingredients separate from the dressing until the last minute otherwise things tend to get soggy fast. Often times I decide to add more water because I like the dressing to coat all the broccoli flowers. It's up to you.

I usually sprinkle on some toasted slivered almonds at the very end for some crunch. If left in the salad they get soggy fast.

8 cups of broccoli florets
2 cups of diced FRESH strawberries (If they're not really ripe, it doesn't taste nearly as good! The ones at our party were picked that morning.)

For the dressing I mix:
1 cup of mayonnaise (Hellman's is the best, some of the other stuff tastes funny)
2 tablespoons of white sugar
1 teaspoon of cider vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment